Four rational reasons why I hate Brexiters

I hate Brexiters.

I hate Brexiters because:

1. Their vote has created an atmosphere of intolerance and xenophobia.

2. Brexiters are predominantly old and will not be around to face the dire consequences of their actions. The vast majority of young people voted to remain.

3. Brexiters obtusely refuse to listen to any rational arguments put forward by well-educated experts (all of which highlight a huge negative impact on the economy as a result of Brexit), instead crying 'fake news' or 'project fear'. This has lead to a general atmosphere of mistrust of anybody who actually knows what they are talking about.

4. Most of all I hate Brexiters because they have taken away my freedom and made my immediate world really small. They have taken away my power to go wherever I like in Europe (in my British car with Europe-wide insurance), be able to freely live and work and have the support of the local infrastructure, healthcare and education system, should I need it. My world where I could easily and comfortably live could have been a life skiing in the Alps to one surfing in islands off the African coast. Now it ranges from a wet weekend in Bognor Regis to an icy cold walk, battered by Thurso’s artic North Sea winds (until Scotland leaves the UK).

In the words of one Twitter commentator: 'In the post-apocalyptic wasteland of Brexit Britain, I will hunt and kill old people who voted for it.'

Whilst my anger hasn't quite reached these proportions...

Yes, Brexiters, I hate you.

Comments